Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Exercise Options

Currently, other than the running I'm doing I take a karate class with my wife. I've always been hesitant to go as I do not like the style and I do not like one of the senseis. Recently my office-mates decided to start a "Biggest Loser" challenge, so I've been attending karate more often (from one to two hours a week to 6 to 8 hours a week). During that time, another sensei has introduced me to Judo which I have grown very fond of. In doing research on judo, it's near impossible to read up on judo (on teh interwebs) without reading up on Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. As such I have become very interested in BJJ and am in the process of switching up from karate to BJJ.

I spoke with the sensei who introduced me to judo and asked if he would take me on as a private student, along the lines as a personal trainer/life coach which he agreed to, so now its just a matter of checking out the school and signing up while letting my tuition @ the karate school lapse.

No comments:

Post a Comment